The Productive Writer’s Conference
July 16-18, 2021
Ever go to a writer’s conference, get tons of ideas, and then let them sit in your notebook? Me too.
But in three days we are going to get a ton of work done. Each session will have a component where you put to practice what you just learned.
This conference is for you if:
* You struggle to make time for your writing
* You’re stuck on part of the writing process
* You’d like to make connections with other writers like you.
After the conference, you’ll have:
* A writing system that sets you up for success each time you sit down to write.
* A set of questions and techniques to use with every novel to create compelling characters and page-turning plots.
* Key marketing tools and techniques to get your book in front of the right people.
What will you learn?
- Day 1: Set Up Systems for Success. What’s keeping you from your best writing? Habits? Limiting beliefs? Distractions? We’ll craft a system for success that you can use every time you sit down to write.
- Day 1: Blueprint your novel. It all starts with key questions that lay the foundation for compelling characters and page-turning plots.
- Day 2: Write page-turning scenes that keep your readers up all night for “just one more page.” What are the key elements that each scene needs?
- Day 2: Self-editing. How do you step back and look at your work objectively? What are the micro and macro levels you need to examine to refine your writing?
- Day 3: Hook Your Readers from the Start. Writing the dreaded copy that sells your book to editors, agents, and readers.
- Day 3: Claiming your author profiles. How to use sites like Goodreads, Instagram, and BookBub to raise your profile.
- Day 3: Who’s your ideal reader and why do you care? How to attract readers who will become superfans and beg for your next book.
Sessions will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. PDT with breaks. The conference will be via Zoom, and it will be interactive! Come ready to participate!
Who is Your Conference Coach?
Book coach. Editor. Author. Jennifer Crosswhite is owner and proprietor of Tandem Services, a publishing services company that empowers authors to improve their craft, develop their writing careers, find community, and create effective commerce around their books. Her twenty years’ experience spans both sides of the publishing desk, from author to former managing editor.