Popular Topics For Groups, Readers, and Events
Angela uses warmth, humor, and fascinating stories as she deeply connects with and entertains her audience. Talks and topics suitable for retreats, teas, keynotes, events, & book clubs range 20 minutes through full weekend retreat settings. These talks can be combined for longer events or used as a keynote. Contact Angela for your own customized talk or program.
Angela Breidenbach packs each talk full of useful and practical information whether empowering others to gain more confidence, courage, and candor or teaching on the craft of writing, or encouraging stronger inter-relational skills. This best-selling author, speaker, and radio personality knows how to communicate so listeners and participants leave ready to try what they’ve learned. She’s very friendly, engaging, energetic, and inspiring. Whether light-hearted or a difficult topic, Angela’s genuine personality and passion infuses attendees with the ability to believe they, too, can accomplish what they’re learning. She’s an insatiable learner, so be sure to ask for personalized topics just for your group or event.
Browse Topics for Your Interests:
1. Grace Under Pressure—Handling stressful situations & difficult relationships with graciousness, confidence, & courage.
(particularly popular is a talk with slideshow on researching in Scotland, but others are available)
Other Popular Talks:
1. Historically Speaking: Great Historic Love Stories
2. Discovering Your Ancestry: genealogy for the beginner
3. Telling Your Ancestral Stories: how to write and preserve these stories in both fiction and non-fiction
4. Researching Genealogy in Scotland
5. The Art of Gracious Living
6. Crafting a Legacy
7. Designing Your Dream Career/Life
8. Tech Tips: Simple lessons in technology from Zoom to social media to various application tools.
9. How to Train Your Muse:
1. Reclaiming the History & Legacy of Advent
2. Simple Elegance
1. Judging a Book By Its Cover: Parts of a book cover you must have to pass pro scrutiny
2. Indie Book Publishing: How NOT to be labeled unprofessional to retailers and librarians—Learn the important aspects of indie publishing from design to business choices. Go wide or exclusive? Formats that include paper, hardback, large print, ebook (PDF, epub, mobi), audio (actor? or you?). See your blood, sweat, and tears as more than a book—it’s a business and you choose failure or success.
3. Confessions of a professional book judge: Tips to rank higher in book contests
4. Defining and Designing Your Dream Career—Building a professional writing career.
5. Podcasting—How to use podcasting to build your platform is a specific course for conferences helping attendees gain the step-by-step instruction to start podcasting at a reasonable cost, with confidence, and a simple task list.
6. Acting Out—a class on how acting helps personify and deepen your characters.
7. 5 Things Writers Forget First—Guarding and caring for the creative soul.
8. Non-fiction—How to tell the truth and still tell a story that will sell.
9. Voice—Learn what “voice” is and is not, how to write male/female POV, differentiating characters, and more.
10. All the Tips I Wish I Knew—Angela shares her career and personal lessons learned through her career to date. These include many “how-to”, marketing, career, and much more. Fast-paced. Expect to take lots of notes.
11. Private to Public: Building a public persona you can live with (and not fear)
Grace Under Pressure: How to be a woman of confidence, courage, and candor
The secrets of becoming a woman of grace under pressure, confidence, courage, and how to express yourself in a gracious manner. (Matches the podcast on iTunes.)
String Story Slams
Pure entertainment as Angie leads attendees in stringing unrelated stories together creating original comedy on the spot. Live, funny, never the same!
Victim or Victorious
Overcoming victimhood, beliefs a victim holds, and becoming the person you want to be.
Montana History and Humorous Anecdotes
Entertaining, historical stories of Montana
Crafting a Legacy – includes genealogy tips
How to pass on your faith, family stories, and talents.
Transparency With Discretion
In this tell-all world, how do we learn the biblical value of discretion? Angela shares guidelines, examples, and tips to help you regain discretion and wisdom in your life. Tips to help your family learn it also.
There’s 10 Commandments, Right?
Learning to follow all of the 10 Commandments isn’t easy in today’s world. Encouragement in your faith walk.
More Ideas For Writers, Retailers, Book Clubs…
Using Skype, Zoom, Facebook Live, Google Hangouts to virtually meet with authors and record events for promotion on Social Media like Facebook, Youtube, and websites. You’ll learn how to use the technology, avoid pitfalls, and enjoy virtual visits with authors that will save expenses. (Featured in the CBA Online Magazine 2015-2016, specialized training available for retailers, book clubs, and authors.)
What are book judges looking for,
How to judge books objectively.
Understanding book contests.
Private to Public:
Building a public persona you can live with (and not fear)
What does it take to become a writer?
1-2 hour workshop or a full 2-day seminar that helps aspiring authors gain a solid overview of the real writing world and how to start a career. The longer workshop goes deeper into each area.
Powerful Prose: Passive to Active
Ridding your manuscript of wordiness, passive writing, and editing power into your work.
Transparency With Discretion for Writers
How to choose your level of public exposure.
Always On Stage
Tips on creating a winning image online, off, and in the media. Are you your own best hook?
What do people say about Angie’s speaking and teaching?
“Loved your workshops at #inwcw. Thanks for the great information you shared and for being so approachable. Blessings!” –Pamela Thorson, author and workshop attendee
“Angie has amazing passion and mission for helping others achieve their goals and live healthy, fulfilled lives. With her eye always on the Big Picture, she is an unending source of inspiration, energy and empowerment for others.” – Tosca Lee, NYT Bestselling Author
“Any cause Angie supports is truly blessed. She has so much energy and passion.” – Linda Bauman, Owner Market Place Media
“Angie B. was EXCELLENT!! A wealth of info and she put her whole heart into her presentation. Lots of GOOD energy!!” – attendee
“Love Angela B’s workshops … she is so full of important tidbits of info for beginning and intermediate writers.” – attendee
“Really appreciated Angela Breidenbach’s workshops – she packs so much into it in a fun and energetic way! Good info!” – attendee
“Is that the ball I see sailing over the outfield fence? Homerun!” – Clint Kelly, author/communications specialist Seattle Pacific University/co-director NW Writers Renewal
Though she speaks anywhere, If you’re looking specifically for a Montana speaker, Angela is part of the Montana Speakers. This link will take you to the Montana-Speakers.com site.