The Debutante Queen, 1st in the Montana Beginnings series is available as an audiobook.
I’m going to run a contest this week for a free copy of the audiobook. Leave a comment on this post about how you listen to audiobooks (like in the car, while working out, while cooking… whatever). Honestly, I’m just curious and I think it will help other people learn how to enjoy audiobooks too 😉
What’s The Debutante Queen about?
It’s 1889 (Helena, MT): Calista Blythe enters the first Miss Snowflake Pageant celebrating Montana statehood to expose the plight of street urchins. But hiding an indentured orphan could unravel Calista’s reputation and her budding romance with pageant organizer Albert Shanahan, if her secret is revealed. Will love or law prevail?
This book is the first in the Montana Beginnings series. The sequel is Eleven Pipers Piping. Each book can be heard as a single story, but if you love historicals and series set in the same locale, then Helena, MT, is your place to live in a story world among the Montana Beginnings series by Angela Breidenbach.
(Eleven Pipers Piping releases in audiobook form Dec. 2015. Find out what happens to the lovable street urchins, Frankie and Joey, in the sequel to The Debutante Queen. Will they be sold into indenture or pressed into the military? How will the debutantes of Helena, MT help the orphans?)
The Contest Details
- 1. Leave a comment on this post about how you listen to audiobooks (like in the car, while working out, while cooking… whatever).
- 2. On Friday, I’ll pick the first winner. On Saturday, I’ll pick another winner, and on Sunday…well, you get the picture 😉 I’ll choose a winner each day for 5 days starting 11/27/15 as long as there are new comments on this post. Yes, I have comments protected for the first two times someone posts in order to protect both you and me from spammer/scammers. But I’ll be watching for comments and approve them as quickly as humanly possible.
- 3. Full disclosure: Yes, I would like reviews from those who listen. That’s how books sell. But all I ask is that you post an honest review in a timely manner and please review both the story and the performance so potential buyer/listeners know what you think so they can make a buying decision.
- The audiobook sells for $14.95. If you’re not an audiobook listener, but have always wondered about them then this is the contest opportunity for you 🙂 Winners will get an email with instructions on how to use the free code and how to use Audible for the 1st time, just in case.
- 4. So, make sure I have a way to contact you (you can use the contact page on this website if you’d like to keep your email secret–in fact, I’d suggest that for internet safety–or you can leave me a twitter or facebook handle where I can also contact you and I’m happy to let you share that with others to build your followings on those social media platforms. Why Twitter or Facebook? Those are the social media platforms I use the most and they’re the easiest for me to share with you and others.
- 5. Please share this contest with your friends so they can enter. That gives everyone more chances in the contest so there are new comments coming each day.
I’m also excited to share a sample with you…Click on the player in this post above. You can listen to the first few minutes of the first chapter…Then, if you’d like to learn or share more about it, here’s the link to Audible (and I’ll update this post as soon as I know the iTunes and Amazon links are live–it may be a couple of days.)